4 Jan 2012

A Blogiversary + A Goodbye


I regret to announce that I am retiring from Ingested Read (perhaps not for good, but at least for now). I have a new project this year that will see me spending more hours outside digging and less time inside reading and baking. No, I haven't joined a chain gang. My boyfriend C. and I have taken on an allotment! (a.k.a. A vegetable plot) If my track record with houseplants is anything to go by we may not have much of a harvest, but fingers crossed my black thumb turns green as the months go by.

I would like to extend a great big thank you to all my followers and visitors over the past year for making me feel a part of the vast food blogging community out there. I intend to keep following each and every one of you on my blogroll as well as any other fabulous foodies who catch my eye. Perhaps now I'll have time to make some of those bookmarked recipes from your blogs! I'll still be responding to any comments or e-mails so feel free to trawl through the Book/Recipe Index and let me know what you think. As always, I would be delighted if you were to share photos of your own conceptual cake creations with me.

And if you're ever feeling a bit peckish for some more fiction-inspired recipes, you can always sink your teeth into these:


Kafka's Soup: A Complete History of World Literature in 14 Recipes by Mark Crick
Published in the UK by Granta Books
Visit Mark Crick's website


Recipe for Murder: Frightfully Good Food Inspired by Fiction by Estérelle Payany. Illustrated by Jean-François Martin.
Published in the UK and France by Flammarion
Visit Estérelle Payany's website (in French)


I hope you've enjoyed my crazy little endevor.

Thanks for reading,

Kelli