4 Sept 2011

Fairytale Challenge: The Princess and the Pea

Photo Credit: Manda McGrory at TreeFall Design

This month I'll be taking a break from my regular interpretive cake baking however, I'm leaving you with a challenge. The Fairytale Challenge, to be precise. I realise not everyone has time to read books (much less turn them into interpretive cakes) but I know everyone is familiar with fairytales. So this month, give your inner child free reign to create an original dessert for The Princess and the Pea. It can be anything that takes your fancy so go wild!

All entries will be posted in my gallery, Intercaketuality, [See update] with a link to your post and a place in the Contributor's Hall of Fame. Plus, I'll send you this snazzy little badge for your sidebar so you can flaunt your Conceptual Cake Artist street cred.

The challenge closes at midnight (GMT) on September 29th. To submit your creation e-mail ingested.read[at]gmail[dot]com with the URL of your blog post.
No blog? No problem! Contact me at the same address and I'll set you up with a guest post.

My inspiration for this came from Jacqueline, The Dusty Baker who I met online through Foodbuzz. Check out her repertoire of fairytale-inspired cakes in the gallery [See update]. She's also been my first official Conceptual Cake Artist with her post for American Noir Cupcakes inspired by Raymond Chandler's The Big Sleep. You can read her weekly allergy-friendly restaurant review column, The Dusty Review, on the NYC food blog Bromography. (As you can tell, I'm a big fan.)

If you're unsure how to create a recipe from a story take a look at the winning post from May's challenge: Goldilocks and the Three Bears, or send me a message and I'll help you get the creative dough rolling.

Read, Bake, Eat? Ready, Set, Bake!

***

Don't forget you can make a contribution to this blog at any time by turning your favourite novel into an interpretive cake. Find out more and Read, Bake, Eat along with me! All cakes and comments welcome. 


Update: Intercaketuality has been deleted by me. Jacqueline's cakes can be found here, here, and here.