13 Nov 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011 - Week 2


Word Count: 16,846 (as of Nov. 10)

The story so far:
Well, to be honest, the story hadn't progressed at all since last week. I tried writing a few 'episodes' and found they weren't helping develop the plot. So, to keep the word count growing, I took a page out of The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron and gave myself permission to write whatever came into my head for 1,667 words. Mostly I've been whinging about work, chatting about what I'm planning on making for dinner and typing out my 'to do' lists. All pretty boring stuff - blah, blah, blah. The last couple of days my motivation has waned as I'm bored of listening my inner monologue and still have no clue what to do with my characters. I feel it may carry on this way until I have a breakthrough - or a breakdown.

What's next?
Your guess is as good as mine. Any suggestions?