1 Dec 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011 - The Results



The deadline of midnight November 30th has come to pass the world over and I can proudly announce (drum roll, please...) I didn't pull it out of the bag this year. I haven't typed a single word since Nov 13th and my word count remains a paltry 18, 674. What have I learned from this experience? That it's certainly easier to make a cake out of a novel than it is to make a novel out of a cake.

So until NaNo 2012, I'm back to baking interpretive cakes. As always, you are more than welcome to Read, Bake, Eat along with me! All cakes and comments welcome.

2 comments:

  1. We'll 18,674 is still a pretty impressive considering the esoteric topic you were basing the story on. Had you go with sparkly poofter vampires or whiny boy wizards you could have churned out volumes of schlock.

    Next year I recommend taking the Steven King approach. Just go hog wild with whatever sounds good at the time magic, aliens, giant spiders, lamp monsters you name it! Stir briskly until a plot almost forms and then don't bother with an ending.

    I'll leave you with these words of wisdom that have gotten me to where I am today.

    "You tried your best and failed miserably. The lesson is: never try." --Homer Simpson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Bro! Good advice - both on the Stephen King approach and from Homer Simpson.

    ReplyDelete